Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dog days

Picked up "Oliver" from the dog shelter about today

Up until a few weeks before Christmas we had four dogs. In the space of six weeks I lost Shannon to cancer and Minnie and my beloved Seamus to old age.

Poor Duncan, who has never been alone in the ten years since he came to me, was left alone. He was OK at first but has been getting more and more panic stricken if I had to go out. I took him with me where-ever I could but you just can't take 'em everywhere.

So Duncan badly needed a friend and we brought him home today - Oliver

Elegantly turned out on silky White fur mottled with grey, Oliver is really beautiful. He was is timid - clearly he has had a tough life before now - but after a nervous start he is beginning to relax a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment