Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Greenhouse

E-Bay has produced again. A greenhouse/conservatory I bid on a couple of weeks ago, and lost, came back to me because the first buyer has let down the purchaser. I'm thrilled to bits and just on my way to collect it.
.
It's in pieces of course, so I'll have the worlds biggest mechano puzzle putting it together. Still I've got the photo as a guide.
.
It's going to go in front of one of the old out-buildings we're "doing up", so I'll get not only somewhere for my seed planting and propagation, but also free solar heating for the outbuilding... a permaculture classic method.
.
Speaking of solar heating; I had a salesman for one of the solar heating companies around yesterday. When I first contacted the company, I told the receptionist that I wasn't ready to buy. I just wanted to talk to someone about the options, but they just can't resist the urge to go for the hard sell. Consequently, the saleman, who might well have had a sale if he'd showed a bit of patience, has defineitly lost the sale through trying too hard. Meanwhile, I have found out what I wanted to know as background information and I'm going to go away and crunch some numbers on how much of a saving we might make on our hot water.
.
NB. I'm not even considering the electircity generating version of solar energy. It currently has a pay-back period of about thirty to forty years..... simply not practical or economic.

No comments:

Post a Comment